Navigating these times with you
I hope you and your loved ones are well. We are in very precarious times with the COVID-19 outbreak, and it appears the uncertainty will persist longer than many had hoped just a few days ago.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 developments in Nigeria and around the world. In particular, its implications and threat to the global economy, the local economy, and health capacity.
Our first priority has been to ensure the health and safety of our people, and I strongly believe that AIICO is well prepared to manage this health threat. AIICO possesses a robust and detailed Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS), certified by the British Standard Institution (BSI). We have upgraded the system to prepare for, respond to and recover from disruptions resulting from the COVID-19. Service plans are maintained across each function and business locations to ensure that we continue to provide services to you without interruption.
We are, therefore, committed to ensuring that we maintain business continuity and 100% operational integrity. You should expect no disruption of service
We will like to share our plan on how we intend to continue to serve and deliver value to you, and at the same time ensuring the safety of our employees and the work environment. We will continue to upgrade our solutions as more details about COVID-19 emerges.
We have been instituting various in-house measures in response to the pandemic across AIICO. The Leadership team is responsible for strategic decisions in order to propose the appropriate response, provide direction and guidance. It is important to inform you that we have enforced the following:
- Monitor symptoms and temperatures for employees and visitors.
- Enforce social distancing – between employees, meetings, and visitors
- Provide guidance on employees’ ability to work from home as needed
- Suspend all international travels and restricted internal travels for official assignments by our staff to areas worst hit by COVID-19.
- Advised employee against undertaking personal international travels at this period.
- All other precautionary measures as advised by the World Health Organization and Nigeria Center for Disease Control.
- Implementation of our Business Continuity Incident Management Plan.
Our e-business portal is available on https://ebusiness.aiicoplc.com to provide online access and support for some of our life and non-life products and services. Our other delivery and payment channels will also be available to meet your insurance renewal needs. These are:
- AIICO Web Portal: https://ebusiness.aiicoplc.com
- Quickteller: www.quickteller.com/aiicoinsurance
- AIICO’s 24/7 interactive virtual assistance: www.messenger.com/t/AIICOElla
- GTBank Mobile banking and apps application: https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx
- Direct transfer to AIICO Account at various banks
For the health and wellbeing of yourself and your loved ones, good personal hygiene is extremely important and should be a priority. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others.
The World Health Organisation and Nigeria Centre for Disease and Control advise you to take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
- Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub (a 60% alcohol content or anti-viral, not anti-bacterial) or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Follow good respiratory hygiene.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
If you have recently visited areas where COVID-19 is spreading, you are advised to take the following measures:
- Follow the measures outlined above.
- Stay at home, if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover.
- Seek immediate medical advice if you have developed fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
- Stay calm and call the following NCDC toll-free number – 080097000010
We understand that AIICO plays an important role in the Nigerian insurance sector and assure you that we will continue to provide innovative and reliable services to support your insurance needs during this trying period and beyond.
We will continue to upgrade our responses to the pandemic as new information emerges in order to prevent interruption in our operations and to continue excellent services to you.
We thank you for the privilege to serve you.