A career at AIICO Insurance Plc. affords a truly unique experience which offers more than just the opportunity to work for a strong, stable and value- rich company. A career at AIICO is an opportunity to be part of a company with a strong legacy, a dynamic structure, a futuristic outlook and a company that continuously impacts the society in many positive ways.
AIICO affords its employees an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers, creating the opportunity of being part of a bright, interesting and experienced team working together to chart new paths in the insurance sector. We offer not only an opportunity to build your career and realize your potentials but the rare chance to make a difference in the lives of our diverse clientele and the society at large.
Currently Available positions
Fleet Management Officer
Job CateogryFleet Management Officer
Closing dateJune 2nd, 2023
The Transport Unit is seeking to recruit a Fleet Management Officer in the Administrative Services Division. The successful candidate will ensure effective management of the company’s status, sales, and other vehicles in terms of maintenance and reporting. This includes managing budgets, organizing schedules and routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe as well as meeting all legal, regulatory, and government agencies requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Overseeing and supervising all vehicle maintenance in the organization.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules and government regulations.
- Developing strategies to transport people to a destination as efficiently.
- Following and enforcing the company's vehicle and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc
- Coordinate the movement of vehicles and other transportation assets.
- Maintaining a good relationship with retain auto workshops/garages.
- Researching and evaluating on how to reduce vehicle maintenance costs.
- Preparing vehicle maintenance budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Weekly/ monthly/yearly reports of all company’s vehicle maintenance costs to the Head – Administrative Services
- Reports to the Head – Administrative Services.
- B.Sc in Logistics, Transport or Fleet Management or any other related field
- Minimum 2 years of working experience as Fleet Management Officer, Managing a transport Unit or Logistics Manager
- Recognized ability to work as part of a team.
- Understanding of policies and procedures governing the management of motorized assets and the contracting of transportation services
- Demonstrated rational and logical thinking; ability to find solutions creatively and quickly to problems.
- Conscientious with excellent sense of judgment.
- Good at Networking/Interpersonal Skills.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Data Analysis .
- Effective time management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Negotiation / Logistics Skills.
- Quality control skill
IT Strategist, Control and Governance Analyst
Job CateogryIT Strategist, Control and Governance Analyst
The IT Strategist, Control and Governance Analyst is responsible for developing and implementing IT strategies, controls, and governance frameworks that align with the company's business objectives. The role requires working closely with other departments and stakeholders to identify IT risks and opportunities and to develop and implement effective solutions that improve IT performance, compliance, and security.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement IT strategies that align with business objectives.
- Define and implement IT controls and governance frameworks.
- Conduct IT risk assessments and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Develop and maintain IT policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provide recommendations for improving IT performance, compliance, and security.
- Work with other departments and stakeholders to ensure effective IT governance.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in IT strategy, control, and governance.
- Work with relevant stakeholders for Reporting and Performance tracking for all IT programs
- Monitor effectiveness of IT initiatives.
- Alignment of IT strategies to corporate strategies.
- Ensuring IT operations aligns with organizational controls/compliance standards.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that IT control and governance policies and procedures are integrated into the organization's overall risk management framework.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in IT strategy, control, and governance, or related fields.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as the role requires working closely with other departments and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Familiarity with ITIL, COBIT, and other IT governance frameworks.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and industry standards such as the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) and ISO 27001.
locationPort Harcourt, Nigeria
Job CateogryUnderwriting Officer
We are looking for a versatile individual who is self-motivated and is able to take initiative and work well with others as a team. Among other things, he will be required to provide support to the team in interfacing with agents, brokers and work-in customers in our Port Harcourt office. The role would report to the regional underwriting manager (RUM) for the South South/South East Region. Similarly, the role will provide support at various stages in the underwriting process and liaison with the agents and brokers and work-in clients to facilitate the consummation of transactions.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide support in quotation preparation after reviewing a new proposal from the client.
- Provide support in ensuring a good relationship is maintained with the sales force/agents.
- Ensure that all underwriting records and files of clients are updated every time.
- Ensure issuance of debit/credit notes to clients are issued as at when due.
- Ensure that any policy with a loss ratio above 70% is escalated to higher authorities for decisions 2 months before renewal.
- Ensure compliance with the KYC requirements of the company in respect of both new and renewal businesses.
- Ensure that all fire, motor and engineering risks in line with the organization’s policy are sent to the risk management and survey team for inspection and follow done until the survey is done, and risk improvement recommendations are communicated to the insured.
- Ensure debit notes are issued and receipts are obtained in respect of all transactions within 48 hours.
- Acknowledge all emails and diaries for follow-up.
- Deliver endorsements in respect of all policy alterations and renewals.
- Deliver policy document within 48 hours.
- Any other functions as deemed necessary by the team lead for the unit.
- Minimum of 2:1 B.Sc. or HND in any field of study.
- ACII/ACIIN-in-View will be an added advantage.
- 2 Years prior underwriting experience will be an added advantage.
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Good communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Customer engagement skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Relationship management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
Network & Security Administrator
Job CateogryNetwork & Security Administrator
A network & security administrator helps secure computer systems for a company, organization, or agency. As a network & security administrator, your job duties may involve creating or updating security infrastructure and continually monitoring networks for unauthorized access or suspicious activities. Network & Security Administrator design and install a network security policy across the network.
A security administrator installs, administers and troubleshoots an organization’s security solutions. The security administrator will ensure the network’s security is protected against unauthorized access, modification or destruction and troubleshoot any access problems.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defences are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behaviour.
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Training staff to understand and use security protocols.
- Provide technical support services to IT support staff at various branches
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in computer science, cyber security, or a related field.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good teaching, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Access control
- Disaster prevention
- Intrusion detection
- Data Integrity
- System Administration
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Secure Network Architecture
- Vulnerability Testing
- Threat modelling
- Virtualization Technologies
- Cloud Security
- Encryption solutions
- Secure coding practice
Head of Project Management Office (PMO)
Job CateogryHead of Project Management Office (PMO)
As the Head of the Project Management Office, your main duty is to establish and manage AIICO Insurance Plc's new Project Management Office (PMO) and you will be responsible for the design, setup and ongoing management of the PMO to agreed standards. The goal is to ensure efficient and effective project delivery across the organization, strengthening our capacity to achieve our strategic ambitions and business objectives. You will manage a team of project managers, overseeing their deployment to handle our most significant and complex projects. Additionally, you will be responsible for resource planning, providing ongoing support and escalation for the project managers, maintaining oversight of ongoing projects, and reporting their performance to senior stakeholders. You will also ensure the continuous improvement, integration and embedding of AIICO Insurance Plc's Project Management framework.
A crucial aspect of your role will be developing the project management skills of teams within AIICO Insurance Plc. You will work with HR, Learning & Development, and Organizational Change teams to identify and remediate gaps in capacity and capability.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Lead the design and set-up of AIICO Insurance Plc’s project management office, establishing the PMO as a central function within AIICO Insurance Plc
- Assume overall responsibility for the performance and delivery of the mandate of the PMO.
- Ongoing management and continuous improvement of the PMO, ensuring that AIICO Insurance Plc has the project management capabilities to deliver large complex projects across our internal operations and strategic implementation.
- Serve as the overall enterprise Project Portfolio Manager and liaise with other interfacing business units to review, select, sequence and report change initiatives/projects to Executive Management
- Prepare, defend and manage the operational budget of the PMO
- Identify and develop opportunities for process enhancement and subsequently building/supporting business cases for change
- Facilitate the speedy resolution/mitigation of all issues and risks encountered in the delivery of various projects
- Lead, motivate, coach and monitor direct reports, business stakeholders and other project resources
- Lead the ongoing development of AIICO Insurance Plc’s project management methodology and toolkit
- Establish a consistent approach to oversight and performance reporting of largescale projects
- Manage central pool of project managers, leading the recruitment and onboarding of new project managers when relevant
- Drive Change management and adoption of changes from completed projects/change initiatives
- Establish and manage the Benefits Realization Framework for all projects within the organisation.
- Establish and manage the project selection and initiation framework to ensure all proposed and ongoing projects, are relevant and aligned with AIICO’s strategic objectives.
- 1Resource planning and deployment of project managers to projects, working closely with colleagues across AIICO Insurance Plc to understand the need for project management support .
- Work closely with colleagues across teams to ensure that robust project management principles are embedded in key processes (e.g. programme development and mobilisation) .
- Act as project management coach and advisor for the team and senior colleagues across AIICO Insurance Plc .
- Be an agent for change within AIICO Insurance Plc, driving forward continuous improvement and working closely with the wider Organisational Change team to mobilize and embed functional and cultural change.
- Keep abreast of internal and external developments and respond accordingly.
- Attend and contribute to supervision and appraisal process, meetings, training, and other organizational and management activities as required.
- Adhere to relevant legal and statutory requirements including the Data Protection Act (always ensuring an appropriate level of confidentiality), Health and Safety at Work Act (ensuring H&S of own and others at all times) and any other relevant/charity law.
- Recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, PMP, AMP etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Administration, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of project delivery experience, including a minimum of 4 years of experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the industry.
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Excellent project management skills with significant experience in leading and project managing large complex projects and/or programmes
- Project Management expertise with a proven ability to apply a range of project management methodologies such as agile project management and scrum approaches. .
- Proven ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders, excellent influencing skills to build and maintain relationships and work collaboratively .
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with experience in producing reports and presentations for a senior audience, such as the Board of Directors and Senior management team.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to be able to plan and organise work at both a strategic and operational level for yourself and your team, and to deliver work to agreed timescales and standards .
- Experience in leading programmes which contribute to organisational development, and/or capacity improvement .
- Experience in managing a team, providing excellent line management and support to direct reports.
- Excellent self-management skills to work independently, using own initiative and being flexible and adaptable.
- Understanding and experience in performance monitoring and reporting on the impact of activities.
- Good decision-making skills and confidence in making strategic and operational decisions.
- Proven success in the areas of change delivery, benefit realisation and business transformation.
- A thorough working knowledge of the efficiency agenda, value for money and business improvement.
- Ability to initiate and manage third-party agreements.