A career at AIICO Insurance Plc. affords a truly unique experience which offers more than just the opportunity to work for a strong, stable and value- rich company. A career at AIICO is an opportunity to be part of a company with a strong legacy, a dynamic structure, a futuristic outlook and a company that continuously impacts the society in many positive ways.
AIICO affords its employees an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers, creating the opportunity of being part of a bright, interesting and experienced team working together to chart new paths in the insurance sector. We offer not only an opportunity to build your career and realize your potentials but the rare chance to make a difference in the lives of our diverse clientele and the society at large.
Currently Available positions
Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Job CateogrySoftware Engineer (Full Stack)
The Information Technology Division is seeking to recruit a Software Engineer (Full Stack) in the I.T department. The successful candidate will work in a constantly evolving environment, due to technological advances and the strategic direction of the organization you work for. You'll create, maintain, audit and improve systems to meet particular needs, often as advised by a systems analyst or architect, testing both hard and software systems to diagnose and resolve system faults. The role also covers writing diagnostic programs and designing and writing code for operating systems and software to ensure efficiency. When required, you'll make recommendations for future developments.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Analyze user requirements..
- Write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary and communicate with any programmers involved in the project.
- Research, design and write new software programs (e.g. Business applications or computer games) and computer operating systems
- Evaluate the software and systems that make computers and hardware work.
- Develop existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
- Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together.
- Create technical specifications.
- Write systems to control the scheduling of jobs or to control the access allowed to users or remote systems.
- Write operational documentation with technical authors.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals.
- Consult clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems, with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals, and accessing new applications.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures.
- Deploy software tools, processes, and metrics.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems.
- Training users.
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business, and systems analysts.
- 5+ years of industry experience Degrees in the following subjects should be highlighted as particularly advantageous: Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Software Programming and Development, Engineering, Mathematics, Electronics, Physics
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Advanced HTML & CSS.
- .Net development, ASP.NET Core.
- Domain Driven Design
- LINQ, Entity Framework
- jQuery & Bootstrap
- ASP.NET MVC
- Good understanding of SQL Server and writing complex SQL queries, T-SQL, and Stores procedures
- Azure DevOps
- Web Services/Web API - good knowledge of web technologies and framework
- Azure Platforms
- Cloud-based integration
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Test Driven Design - xUnit
- Familiar with Design Patterns and Principals
- SDLC, CI/CD and Agile
- Knowledge of computer systems and technologies
- Technical competency
- The ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- A meticulous and organized approach to work
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problems
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Business skills and commercial awareness
- The ability to work both in a team and alone and to manage your own workload
- Career motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
- An ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- An awareness of current issues affecting industry and its technologies