A career with us opens up a plethora of opportunities focused on a bilateral development system to prime the individual and business to go Above and Beyond. We are passionately committed to leading in the industry. in no time. Our Employee Value Proposition is designed to ensure you experience first-hand, the power of an employee-centric organization that is stable and resilient in the face of uncertainties in our fast-changing world.
Your time with AIICO will ensure we both win as your focus on helping the organization achieve its objectives is matched by AIICO’s focus to help its employees achieve theirs. Wouldn’t you rather work with us?
Working at AIICO
AIICO has been recognized by various organizations as a great place to work. This is unrelated to the numerous people-friendly policies and programmes the Company has put in place (or say, institutionalized) to ensure the environment at work or at home is conducive and productive for employees. Below are some testimonials on some of our programmes.
If your aspiration is to learn, develop, contribute meaningfully and be appreciated accordingly, AIICO is be the institution you are looking for. We have designed our Internship, Graduate Trainee and Experience Hire Programmes to focus on personal development, innovative and impactful assignment and high performing teams. Explore the opportunities below
At AIICO, we are focused on talent development. Our internship programmes enable you to gather technical expertise and personal skills, which will help you make an impact in your career and benefit from vital on-the-job experience. It’s a great way to explore the career choices that lie ahead of you.
The AIICO’s Graduate Trainee Programme (AGTP) is an intensive programme designed to train talents positioned to be leaders in the Insurance market and the Nigerian economy. The Programme leverages classroom training, on-the-job training and mentorship to develop the right behavior, skills and competencies. Our Graduate Trainee Programme surely serves as a launching pad for a successful career.
Our criteria for AIICO Graduate Trainee Programme (AGTP) is as detailed below. Candidate must:
- Candidate willing to live our culture of being innovative, adaptive and self-motivation, resulting in making a far-reaching impact wherever they operate
- Be willing to live our culture of innovation, professionalism, entrepreneurship and service excellence
- Have graduated from a recognized University/Polytechnic with a minimum of a 2nd Class Upper/Upper Credit or its equivalent in any discipline
- Have minimum of a credit in five (5) O’ Level subjects including Mathematics and English.
- Be between ages 19 and 26 as at date of application.
- Have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme.
Joining our team gives you opportunity to work with best minds in the insurance sector. You will also be contributing to a mission of creating and protecting wealth for our esteemed customers and by extension the nation at large.
- Career Management & Mobility I started my career as a benefits analyst in the Life Division at AIICO insurance. I was involved in the payment of policyholder’s benefits. The division helped me understand insurance business and products. It also supported my development of soft skills from engaging with clients across the country. However, from my undergraduate days, being an Auditor has always been my career aspiration, hence I completed my ICAN examination. Few months down the line, an opportunity came within the Internal Audit department; I went through recruitment process, and I am now glad to be pursuing my dreams and aspiration at AIICO insurance. - Oluremi Agunbiade Executive, Internal Audit
- Flexi Work Hours I am in the habit of leaving home very early to beat the morning traffic. I was extremely excited at the introduction of 'Flexi' working hours. The 7am - 4pm option perfectly fits my schedule. I get to close before the usual evening rush hours; it has saved me over one hour of daily return journey. It is such a fantastic experience for me. - Ademola Adenekan Manager, Communications
- Teleworking The Teleworking arrangement has helped me personally to score more points on my work-life balance goals. I am able to achieve more on my preferred teleworking days as it eliminates the time spent commuting to and from work. The company also provided the tools to enable me function effectively. It’s a delightful experience for me. - Ademola Adenekan Manager, Communications
- Staff Bus It is super comfortable going back and forth work using the AIICO staff bus. It has saved me stress of daily commuting with public transport, considering the distance. It has been greatly cost-effective as I have been able to save a lot! I have been able to leverage that time to either get some more rest or take on learning from e-learning platforms while in long hours of Lagos traffic. - Busayo Officer, Human Resources Department